Fall registration reach record numbers!
Fall registration is up nearly 80% overall!
Just as good: the PSPL joined US Club Soccer’s National Premier League. As such, we renamed our top division the Washington State Premier League, or WSPL.
We have renamed the PSPL leagues to reflect our new direction as one of 16 national qualifying leagues to send winners to the NPL Champions Cup in mid-July 2013. Click NPL for more information on this growing national movement -- a movement that is seeing the country’s elite clubs joining the NPL. See our NPL tab for local rules and guidelines governing the new league.
The new names of our U11-U19 leagues are as follows:
- The Washington State Premier League; it replaces the Super League as our top premier division.
- The Puget Sound Classic League is for strong select teams as it has in the past.
- The Puget Sound Copa League is the new name for our entry-level league for rec-select level teams, and we’ve lowered the price to $200 per team.
- Puget Sound Development league for U8-U10 teams at Starfire.
- The Inland NW Copa League for Eastern Washington teams, which is U10 to U18.
- Girls High School Premier League, GU15-GU19, which runs Winter-Spring, 2013. Registration opens Sept. 15.
- Boys High School Premier League, BU15-BU19. Six matches between Jan-Feb, 2013. Age groups could be mixed. Registration opens Sept. 25.
- Pacific Coast Cuper Cup -- regional college showcase tournanment that pits some of the best from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and British Columbia. Two legs: Jan-Feb. 2013.
- Washington Cup. Spring 2013.
Here are some key details:
- Fall season is 12 matches.
- Spring season is 8 matches.
- Home teams required to supply fields and refs for home matches.
- PSPL U10 Development League teams need to register as new teams if registering for PSPL U11 leagues.
- Cost for Development League is $525 per team. Cost includes fields at Starfire and referees.
- Returning teams must remember to use their team logon to register for fall leagues.