The NPL is a national competition platform created to elevate and change the competitive youth soccer landscape by:
- extending developmental principles espoused by U.S. Soccer into more age groups and clubs
- linking competition with player development and identification platforms
- providing meaningful weekly competition culminating in the NPL Finals
NPLs are leagues unified under one national competition platform and based on a common technical framework.
More specifically, the NPL provides a platform:
- focused on long-term player development
- for the country’s top soccer clubs, allowing consistent, meaningful high-level games appropriately scheduled with higher training-to-game ratios and eliminate calendar congestion
- integrated with the id² Program, which includes Player Development Programs (PDPs) in select local markets, and that works closely with U.S. Soccer staff regarding player identification, and player and coach development
- designed and structured by the clubs, based on the needs of the clubs
- that provides an avenue for qualification for the NPL Finals
NPL website: www.nationalpremierleagues.com
The NPL Finals – formerly known as the NPL Champions Cup – features the champions of NPLs across the United States among 13-U through 18/19-U boys and girls age groups. Teams play group games before advancing to knock-out rounds to determine the NPL champion in every age group.
The 2018 NPL Finals will be held in a few phases from late June to mid-July:
- 2018 Girls NPL Finals (13-U through 19-U age groups): July 12-16 at Aurora Sports Park in Aurora, Colo.
- 2018 Boys Eastern NPL Finals (15-U, 16-U and 17-U age groups): June 29-July 3 at Progin Park in Lancaster, Mass.
- 2018 Boys Western NPL Finals (15-U, 16-U and 17-U age groups): June 29-July 3 at Surf Cup Sports Park in San Diego, Calif.
- 2018 Boys 19-U NPL Finals (only 19-U age group): June 29-July 3 at Progin Park in Lancaster, Mass.
Additionally, boys 13-U and 14-U NPL qualifiers (from non-ENPL qualifying competitions: Central States NPL, Great Lakes Alliance, Gulf States Premier League, Red River NPL, Southern California NPL and Washington NPL) will advance to the National Cup XVII Finals, to be held July 20-24 at Aurora Sports Park in Aurora, Colo.