Puget Sound Premier League
The Puget Sound Premier League, or PSPL, is the US Club Soccer league for premier and select level teams in Washington State. The PSPL was founded in 2007 with 12 teams and has grown to include over 694 teams in 2011. The PSPL is now the second biggest youth soccer league in Washington state. This steady growth can be attributed to the ability of the PSPL to adapt to the ever-changing competitive needs for teams and clubs as well as keeping costs low and administration simple.
What we offer:
- PSPL Leagues
- statewide and regional leagues for U11-U18 boys and U11-U14 girls.
- Three levels of play: Super, Classic, Copa.
- Level of competition: premier, select, district/rec-select.
- Fall leagues play 12 games.
- Spring leagues play 8 games
- League cost: $350 per team. Home team supplies refs and fields.
- Inland NW Copa League:
- An expanded Copa League for Eastern Washington teams.
- U10-U14 district and rec-select league for Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho teams.
- Fall and Spring leagues.
- Level of competition: district/rec-select.
- Spring League dates will be posted shortly.
- Development League:
- U8-U10 leagues that play either 8v8 or 9v9 and emphasize player and referee development.
- 8 matches on modified fields.
- Fall and Spring leagues.
- League provides fields and refs.
- Cost per team: $550.
- Level of competition: competitive select.
- Spring season dates will be posted shortly.
- High School Girls Super League
- The league begins in Jan. 8.
- Dates: Jan. 8,15,22, Feb: 5,12,26, Mar: 4,11,18,25, Apr: 15,22.
- 12-game season.
- Cost: $350 per team.
- Two divsions: Super and Classic. Copa possibly.
- Level of competition: premier and select.
- To register, click HERE.
- Spring League
- Registration will open shortly for Spring League -- boys/girls U11 to U14 age groups.
- Dates are as follows: Feb 4,11,25 March 3,10,17, 24, Apr 7
- 8 games.
- Feb 18 is unscheduled due to President’s Day weekend.
- March 31 is unscheduled due to Washington Cup Qualifier in Puget Sound.
- Feb. 18 and Apr 7 are optional dates due to holiday weekends. Teams can opt to play those dates, or not.
- Spring League results will be considered in seeding for Washington Cup qualifiers.
- Cost: $350 per team. Home team responsible for field and refs.
REGISTER click: PSPL
Tournaments and other competitions
Northwest Champions League:
- An invitational three-state regional US Club-sanctioned league that brings together the best teams from Washington, Oregon and Idaho to compete in Champions-league format in addition to playing in regular league. PSPL fall Super League winners automatically qualify for NWCL, or if a team is playing up an age group, both teams will play a two-legged playoff series to determine Champions League recipient.
GIVOVA Pacific Coast Super Cup:
- An invitational two-legged tournament for the top five finishers in the PSPL Super League and the top five finishers in Oregon Premier League. Teams that earn a NWCL spot are ineligible for this competition. The Super Cup for U13-U18 boys and girls kicks off Jan. 27-29 at Starfire. Second leg in Portland, Ore. on Feb. 18-20. Non-PSPL teams also can apply for this tournament. Send your application to email@example.com.
Washington Open Cup:
- For the first time this year, winners receive a free entry into the US Club Regionals -- an $800 value. Last year, the only open statewide Cup competition more than doubled its size. The Washington Cup is open to all teams and clubs regardless of affiliation. Winners also automatically receive invitations to Mustang Stampede or the Santa Clara Invitational -- two top-flight regional California tournaments. Dates:
- Final Championship Round: April 27-29.
- Puget Sound Qualifying tournament: March 30-Apr 1.
- Eastern Washington Qualfiying tournament: April 13-15
US Club ID2 Program
- Established in 2004, US Club Soccer’s id2 national identification and development program provides an opportunity for the country’s top youth talent to be identified and developed for possible inclusion in U.S. Soccer’s National Team programs. There is no cost to the player to be scouted or recommended for the id2 program. www.usclubsoccer.org
The Puget Sound Premier League is a non-profit organization whose mission is to develop competitive soccer in Washington. Sanctioned by US Club Soccer, the PSPL offers a wide range of competitive divisions for U11-U18 as well as offers U8-U10 development leagues. The PSPL promotes coaching education, emphasizes player development and supports open competition. The PSPL hosts the Washington Cup, an annual statewide competition for U10-U18 teams, invitational tournaments and the Pacific Coast Super Cup, a regional college showcase invitational for U13-U18 teams. The PSPL is also a founding partner of the Pacific Coast Super Cup and the Northwest Champions League.